Application Deadline - December 1 (Annually)
Apply by contacting the NRMP's Electronic Residency Application Service. Applications are accepted from September 1 to December 1 of each academic year.
In order to be considered for an interview, your file must contain the following items:
- Application submitted via ERAs only
- Step 1 required (230 minimum), Step 2 when available
- Transcript & Medical student performance evaluation (MSPE)
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation. One of these letters must be from either a Chairman or a Program Director
- J-1 Visas only. We do not sponsor H1B visas.
- Graduation from medical school within the past 2 years
Application Requirements for Foreign Medical Graduates
Indiana University Department of Surgery criteria concerning application for foreign medical graduates to the residency program:
- ECFMG certification
- Completion of the USMLE Steps 1 & 2 with minimum score of 230
- J-1 visas only
- Graduation from medical school within the last three years
- Participation through ERAS program only; no paper applications
- Deadline for application to program: December 1 of current academic year
**Preliminary residency applicants are interviewed on a selected interview day.
No paper applications will be accepted.
All applicants must apply through ERAS in order to be granted an interview.
To contact ERAS: Click here
To check status of an application:
Monday through Friday 8AM - 4PM (EST)
Indiana University General Surgery Residency Program will be interviewing on the following dates for the 2017 Categorical Match
- November 8th, 2016
- November 15th, 2016
- November 22nd, 2016
- December 1st, 2016
- December 6th, 2016
- December 15th, 2016
- January 10th, 2017
- January 12th, 2017
Interview offers will be submitted during the first two weeks of October, after all applicant MSPE’s have been received and reviewed. Any questions regarding the general surgery residency program can be directed to Brianne Nickel, General Surgery Residency Coordinator at 317.274.4966 or .