Jennifer N. Choi, MD
Assistant Professor of Surgery
Specialty: General Surgery
Residency: Indiana University
Dr. Jennifer Choi is a 1997 graduate of Taylor University and 2001 graduate of Indiana University School of Medicine. She completed her General Surgery residency in 2007 also at IU School of Medicine and immediately joined the faculty. Later Dr. Choi completed a fellowship in Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgery, which is where she focuses her clinical efforts. Dr. Choi employs minimally invasive techniques where appropriate in the care of morbid obesity, gallbladder disease, inguinal and abdominal wall hernias, and diseases of the foregut including gastroesophageal reflux disease, paraesophageal hernias, and achalasia. She enjoys primary as well as revisional surgery in these areas.
Dr. Choi has a great interest in surgical quality and patient safety. She also spends considerable efforts as the Associate Program Director for the General Surgery Residency and is involved in many committees within IU Health and IU School of Medicine.
IU Health Physicians
IU Health Methodist/IU Health University
IU Health North
IU Health West
IU Health North Hospital
11725 N. Illinois St., Ste 350
Carmel, IN 46032
IU Health Unversity Hospital, Surgery OP Clinic
550 N University Blvd., UH 1295
Indianapolis, IN 46202
- Klein PJ, Schmidt CM, C. Wiesenauer CA, Choi JN, Gage EA, Yip-Schneider MT, Wiebke EA, Wang Y, Omer C, Sebolt-Leopold JS: The effects of a Novel MEK inhibitor PD184161 on MEK-ERK signaling and growth in human liver cancer. Neoplasia 8(1):1-8, 2006.
- Choi JN, Yip-Schneider MT, Albertin F, Wiesenauer CA, Wang Y, Schmidt CM: The effect of doxorubicin on MEK-ERK signaling predicts its efficacy in HCC. Journal of Surgical Research. 150(2): 219-26, 2008. Epub 2008 Mar 3.
- Hennig M, Yip-Schneider MT, Klein P, Wentz S, Matos JM, Doyle C, Choi J, Wu H, O’Mara A, Menz A, Noble S, McKillop IH, Schmidt CM: Ethanol-TGF alpha-MEK Signaling Promotes Growth of Human Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Journal of Surgical Research. 2008 Dec 13 (Epub ahead of print).
- Schmidt CM, Choi JN, Powell ES, Wiebke EA, Howard TJ, Yiannoutsos CT, Nakeeb A, Lillemoe KD, and Madura JA: Pancreatic Fistula Following Pancreaticoduodenectomy: Clinical Predictors and Patient Outcomes. HPB Surg. 2009; 2009:404520 Epub 2009 May 18
- Bendewald F, Choi JN, Blyth L, Selzer DJ, Ditslear J, Mattar S; Comparison of Hand-sewn, Linear Stapled, and Circular Stapled Gastrojejunostomy in Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. Submitted. Obes Surg. 2011 Nov;21(11):1671-5. doi: 10.1007/s11695-011-0470-6. PMID: 21739350