Clark J. Simons, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Surgery
Specialty: General Surgery
Residency: Brooklyn Hospital Center
Fellowship: Maryland Shock Trauma Center (Trauma/Critical Care)
Dr. Clark Simons is an Associate Professor of Clinical Surgery at Indiana University School of Medicine. He has been on staff since 2000 after completing a Trauma/ Critical Care fellowship at University of Maryland Medical Center (Shock Trauma). His medical education started at SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn New York. Thereafter he completed his surgical residency at Brooklyn Hospital Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York. He presently practices at Wishard Memorial Hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana where he is also the Assistant Chief of General Surgery. He also serves on the Executive Committee for IUSM Admissions Committee and is actively involved in medical education, mentoring and international health.
IU Health Physicians
IU Health Methodist/IU Health University
Eskenazi Health Outpatient Care Clinic
720 Eskenazi Ave., 3rd Floor Surgery Clinic
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Clinical Research Interests: Trauma, surgical critical care, bariatric surgery
Basic Research Interests: Trauma outcomes
- Stab Wounds of the Flank and Back: A 10-year Review. Azuaje RE, Jacobson LE, Gomez GA, Simons CJ. 9th Annual Trauma/Surgical Critical Care Symposium. Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, (IN), November 2-3, 2001.
- Stab Wounds of the Flank and Back: Evaluation of a Protocol. Azuaje RE, Jacobson LE, Gomez GA, Simons CJ. 13th Pan-American Trauma Congress, Monterrey (MX), November 15, 2001
- Reliability of Physical Examination as a Predictor of Vascular Injury Following Penetrating Neck Trauma: Azuaje RE, Jacobson LE, Glover J, Gomez GA, Rodman GH, et al. 2002 Annual Meeting of the Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma, Orlando (FL), January 16-19, 2002
- Current Helmet and Protective Equipment Usage among Previous Injured ATV and Motorcycle Riders: Mangus RJ, Simons CJ. 2002 Annual Meeting of the Indiana Chapter of the American College of Surgeons, Indianapolis (IN), 2002
- Society Critical Care Medicine January 9th, 2006, San Francisco, CA. Hayward, TZ, Erdman, SM., Barker, JS. Scott, CM. Streib, EW, Simons, CJ, Legman, F, Gomez, G A, Jacobson, L E., Wilson, S J., Optimization Of Empiric Antibiotic Choices in Ventilator Associated Pneumonia using a simple, computer-assisted decision support tool.
- American Association for The Surgery of Trauma 2006: Streib, Erik W, Hayward III , Thomas Z; Simons, Clark J; Gomez, Gerardo A; Jacobson, Lewis E; Falimirski, Mark E; Bull, Marilyn J; O’Neil, Joseph Hackworth, Jodi Lynn. Firearm Suicide: The Use of a Firearm Injury and Death Surveillance System. AAST, New Orleans, LA, Sept 2006.