Application Deadline - December 1 (Annually)
Apply by contacting the NRMP's Electronic Residency Application Service. Applications are accepted from September 1 to December 1 of each academic year.
In order to be considered for an interview, your file must contain the following items:
- Application information
- USLME Part I / II if available
- Transcript & Dean's letter
- Three letters of recommendation
- Chairman's letter
- J-1 Visas only
- No previous clinical experience
- Recent medical school graduate
Application Requirements for Foreign Medical Graduates
Indiana University Department of Surgery criteria concerning application for foreign medical graduates to the residency program:
- ECFMG certification
- Completion of the USMLE Parts 1 & 2
- J-1 visas only
- Graduation from medical school within the last two years
- No previous U.S. clinical experience
- Participation through ERAS program only; no paper applications
- Prefer USMLE scores 220 or higher
- Deadline for application to program: December 1 of current academic year
- Preliminary residency applications are interviewed on a selected interview day.
No paper applications will be accepted.
All applicants must apply through ERAS in order to be granted an interview.
To contact ERAS: Click here
To check status of an application:
Call (317)274-4966 or 274-7262
Monday through Friday 8AM - 4PM (EST)
Dates and Interview Schedule for 2012-2013 TBA at a later date.