In the Fall of 2001, the physicians of Cardiothoracic Surgery from the Indiana University School of Medicine moved the adult cardiac surgery practice to our new state of the art facilities at the IU Health Cardiovascular Center on the IU Health Methodist Hospital Campus. We are excited with our move because it allows us to better meet the needs of our patients and extend the scope of our teaching and research activities.
The IU Health Cardiovascular Center represents the consolidation of all adult cardiovascular services. It is the result of years of planning between the physicians of Cardiothoracic Surgery, IU Health physicians and administration.
Our patient care is enhanced and provides patients and physicians with the following:
- Dedicated Cardiovascular beds.
- Dedicated operating facilities.
- Cutting edge research facilities with the best equipment and technology.
- Parking facilities dedicated to patients and visitors of our facility.
The Cardiothoracic Surgery staff at Indiana University perform a wide variety of procedures. Experience and history of more than forty years of cardiac care ensures state of the art treatment.
- Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty (PTCA)
- Traditional Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Direct Coronary Artery Bypass (MIDCAB)
- Off-Pump Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery (OPCAB)
- Laser Angioplasty
- Transmyocardial Laser Revascularization (TMR)
- Open Heart Surgery
- Cardiac Transplantation
- Heart Port Valve Replacement
- Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (AICD)
- Stent Placement
- Adult Cardiac Congenital Surgery
- Pharmocologic Treatment
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Arrhythmia and Ablation Surgery